Monday, December 9, 2013

FAUX FUR CHRISTMAS DECOR



Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, since we have no place to go, let it snow, let it snow , let it snow!
(written by Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne 1945)




We woke up this morning to four degree temperature and a wind chill of - 27 degrees Fahrenheit.  Now that's cold !!!! for this girl having moved from the Pacific Northwest where temperatures are very mild in the winter.  With that being said, I find it very fitting to continue showing you my winter themed Christmas decorations.  In my last post, I showed you the Fur Tree Skirt I made.  The tree skirt was cut in a circle leaving quit a bit of fabric around the edges.  Faux Fur is perfect for holiday decor; and  I thought there is no since in wasting this lovely fabric.  It's warm and fuzzy resembling snow and adding a festive design perfect for the season.  I decided to make a few additional projects from the fabric.

Here's what I created:

A Faux Fur Pillow


and




 A Fur Tree




A Fur Wreath



Fur Topped Burlap Stockings



It was amazing to me, how far I could make a piece of thirteen dollar fabric stretch!  Come back to read how I went about making each of these items.

Have a wonderful winter day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails