Thursday, December 26, 2013

HOT COCOA BAR

I had a wonderful and blessed Christmas and I hope you had the same.  It's hard to believe Christmas has already come and gone. Today I thought I'd share my cocoa bar from our Christmas party. We had a large party of twenty five guests for Christmas at our home. I set up a Cocoa bar as part of our beverage serving area. I got very busy with last minute preparations before our guests arrived, so I only got a few photos of the area. They may not be the best photos, but a least you can see what the bar looked like.


You may recognize the snowflake buckets from my Christmas Home Tour.  They are filled with candy canes, peppermint candies and jingle bells.  The counter had snow flakes purchased at the Dollar Store scattered around on top of white quilt batting.
 The quilt batting was the perfect backdrop ~ to look like snow.




Let's start with the cocoa and marshmallows.  They were placed in apothecary jars (left over from the wedding candy bar - purchased on clearance at Tj Maxx for one dollar).  The cute little card labels were printed on my home printer using a free printable from MG/Party Impressions.  The plates and snowflake card holders were thrift store finds as well.






The peppermint whipped cream I made was a big hit.







I removed the label from the whipped cream can and added a printed label to make it look pretty.  The photo below was taken after people were using it, so the label looks a little smudged.






I used my Epsom Salt snow balls and scattered them around the other items.






I found these napkins last year, on clearance after Christmas.  I was pleasantly surprised to find them in my napkin drawer, as they went perfect with the other decor.






I used the Hot Cocoa printable and placed it in a red 5 X 7 garage sale frame.  The spoons were placed in a .49 cent thrift store candle holder.  The cups are also thrift store finds that I've used for many parties.






I had appetizers on the kitchen counter for the guests.  Of course I had to have something pretty for the silverware, so I placed it in blue mason jars and added ribbon and a snowflake ornament.








The punch bowl was on the counter as well.  To dress it up, I place a wreath around the base along with some blue tulle ribbon.  I then strung some silver beads on top of the wreath and place jingle bells around the wreath at random intervals.  To finish it off , I  place a ribbon in the front that reads 
~ Merry Christmas~ .

The punch is a cran/raspberry punch that I've used many times over the years.  I'll post the recipe for the punch in my next post.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails