Monday, December 3, 2012

CHRISTMAS TREE VIGNETTE

Hello everyone!  I hope you had a great weekend.  I sure did.  Over the weekend, I was able to add a few  more Christmas decorations, and our home is starting to look pretty.

I've chosen a winter wonder land theme for decorating this year.  Over the past two years, I've been collecting little Christmas trees.  This year I've added a few more home-made trees to my collection.  I thought clustering the trees together in a vignette would be a great way to display the trees.  If we had a fireplace mantle, I would place them on top of the mantle, but since we don't so placing them on top of the cedar chest was the best alternative.




I've been waiting for a sunny day to take photos but I've given up, so please forgive the dark photos.

To anchor the grouping, I  placed everything on a piece of silver snowflake fabric.  To add just a touch of color, I included two gold trees to the grouping: the gold tree on the left (my most recent find at the thrift store for $1.99) and the diy gold wire tree on the right.  I placed the mirror tree, diy bay leaf tree and faux mercury glass tree on a silver tray and added some faux snow around the base of the trees.  To add the finishing touch to the vignette, I scattered a few snowflake ornaments.






I'm linking this post to -
Creative Cain Cabin : Christmas Decorating on a Budget Party
Southern Hospitality Holiday Home Party 
The Lettered Cottage

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty collection, they all look beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your collection is pretty and elegant looking! I love little trees, too. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking up to the party at the Cabin, hope to see another budget decorating item for next weeks party:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails