Tuesday, June 28, 2011

DIY CANVAS WALL ART

Good morning everyone! Did you miss me?  I've been away because we had issues with our Internet service, but it's now up and running and I can finally post again.  Thanks to all my followers for being patient and a special welcome to all my new followers.  

It's a very busy time of year with yard work and all the extra activities of summer.  My parents will be arriving the end of the week for a ten day visit.  I'll try to do some posting but will be spending some quality time with them.

Today I'd like to share a quick and easy art project.  It's a great solution for wall art if you're wanted a little change and on a budget.

Here's what you'll need...

~ canvas or flat surface for mounting your fabric onto
~ fabric
~ staples

While at Jo Ann's fabric yesterday I ran across some fabric I loved and thought it would work great for some summer artwork.

I started with a blank canvas that I already had in the house.


I took the fabric and cut it to the size of the canvas, 
adding one inch for turning over.


Using a mitered fold on the fabric corner, makes for a nice even and flat corner.


 Proceed to staple the entire back by adding staples, begin in the middle of each side and working outward. Making sure to keep the fabric stretched tightly.


Quick and easy summer artwork for under $10 !


Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog! Love everything about it! The last picture is awesome:)
    Hope to see you on my blog:)
    Happy Forth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea and the finished project. Catching up on your great blog after being away for months. I may be here a while!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever, I love it! Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails